Are you dreaming of planning your own wedding elopement, but not quite sure where to start?
Feeling a bit overwhelmed is normal but I am here with some information to help you find your way. I created a checklist to help planning be fun, exciting, and less overwhelming. You really want to create a day that celebrates who you are exactly, the way you want. So grab your partner and your favorite beverage and get cozy. Now let's take a look at the planning checklist.
#1. Choose your time of year and then your location
* There is magic in every season but you can't deny the magical feeling of a crisp winter day and a sleigh ride after saying "I DO"
* Spring and summer provide a fairy tale feel, with fields of flowers and fresh forests.
* Fall brings out nature's beauty with all the trees and land going through an amazing transition into yellows and reds.
#2. Hire your vendor dream team.
* Photographer...wink wink. I know a photographer that would be totally down to capture the love story of your wedding day!
* Videographer, officiant, hair, makeup, caterer, florist, baker. adventure planner and anyone else that brings your day into place.
Keep in mind a few of these vendors will be spending the day with you, such as your photographer. Make sure you find someone whom you feel comfortable with and trust. Someone knowledgeable of your location and the rules and regulations required. Someone who makes you feel safe and secure and well taken care of on your special day.
#3. Book your lodging and travel.
*This will become your home base for your elopement. You can choose anything from a small cabin in the woods, a chalet on a beach, to a spa in the mountains with hiking trails right from the property. If you choose to share your vows on a mountain top or in a lavish green forest perhaps find an Airbnb nearby. Your day is yours, so take your time planning and dream big.
Think about how many guests you want to invite and if they will be staying at the lodging with you. Be sure to inquire about gatherings and what restrictions the lodging you chose may have.
#4 Now is the time to choose your wedding attire
* What you choose can really make your day special, especially your photographs. Think about what you have planned for your day. Something you can move about in easily if you are planning a hike, something that compliments your personality and makes you feel amazing. Add some personality with a fun pair of shoes, a cute hat, or a special jacket. Keep in mind your environment and what colors will compliment your surroundings. If you need some advice or ideas on what attire will make your photographs amazing I would love to share some ideas or give my opinion.
Ultimately, whatever makes you feel incredible.
#5 Plan your adventure.
*What clicks with you and your partner? Skydiving, kayaking, a jeep tour, zipline, horseback ride, sleigh ride, rock climbing, and the list can go on and on. Think outside the box and create something amazing.
#6 Permits and marriage license
*Yes there are extra details that many don't think about. Getting permits and reservations for weddings. National parks require permits way in advance. Also, many states require a waiting period on getting your marriage license. So don't forget the little hidden details.
#7 Have the best Elopement day EVER
* You dreamed big, you have your license, permits, vendor team, lodging, adventure all put into place and now you can simply relax and enjoy this amazing day you have created.
It's all about you.
Now go create some epic memories.